Getting a book published is hard enough—getting a novel published is doubly so! But a writer seeing his story on bookshelves everywhere is just a rewrite away with this book! Written by two award-winning novelists, this workshop-in-a-book is all aspiring authors need to master the art of fiction—and see their novel in print. Based on their popular workshops, Mary Buckham and Dianna Love Snell have created a novel-writing system that anyone can follow. Their innovative method shows writers how to create stories of depth, excitement, and emotion with:
- Easy-to-understand templates that guide the new writer through building a novel and show more experienced writers how to deepen a plot and take a first draft to the next level
- Reference examples from a strongly-plotted popular genre films like suspense, classics, children, and romance
- Simple worksheets to build a strong story one plot point at a time for any genre
- Troubleshooting tips that reveal how to find and fix holes that weaken the plot
- Insights from best-selling novelists representing a variety of fiction genres
- ,A bonus dialogue guide that reveals how to make a character come alive through conversation.
Inspiring authors shall struggle no more with the help of this step-by-step guide!
Mary Buckham (Port Townsend, WA) is a freelance article writer, selling hundreds of articles to local, regional, and national publications. She also became a contributing editor to several different monthly magazines and eventually the editor of the Inland Northwest Family Magazine. Mary has become a sought-after speaker and teacher of the writing craft, both online and in live presentations throughout the United States and Canada.
Dianna Love Snell (Peachtree City, Georgia) wrote her first novel, Worth Every Risk, by applying the same analytical ability and study techniques that she used creating marketing projects for Fortune 500 companies. Her book sold out in its first month and won a RITA Award. Phantom in the Night, which is her collaboration with #1 New York Times best-seller Sherrilyn Kenyon, was released in June of 2008.